Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
News
  •  Breaking News
  •  Laci Peterson
  •  Gov. Schwarzenegger
  •  Contra Costa County
  •  Alameda County
  •  Bay & State
  •  Crime & Courts
  •  Education
  •  Health
  •  Nation & World
  •  Politics
  •  Science & Environment
  •  Transportation & Growth
  •  Iraq
  •  War on terror
  •  Commuter page
  •  Where we live
  •  Obituaries


Back to Home >  News

Ellen Lee's East Bay Livin'





Friday, July 15, 2005

Harry Potter Mania

I can't wait to read "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince," the sixth in the series by J.K. Rowling. I was a little skeptical at first about all the hype, but then I picked up the first book during a long, 10-hour airplane ride, and I pretty much devoured it before the plane touched down.

Anyways, I've spent the past few days surfing the Internet for anything and everything Harry Potter. Here's a story in today's paper about what I found, like online wizarding schools and pages upon pages devoted to the budding romance between Ron and Hermione.

I'm also thinking about attending a Harry Potter release party. I've never been, but I heard so much about it that now I'm really curious. Just what happens at these parties? ;)

To find one close to you, check out this site. You can search by zipcode -- there are quite a few at East Bay book stores. And here's a Times story about East Bay libraries throwing Harry Potter parties, another Times story earlier this week about fans who have grown up with Harry Potter and a Times list of local Harry Potter events. Yes, some of us here are Harry Potter crazy.

I didn't have an opportunity to mention this in my story, but I even heard about a summer school class completely devoted to Harry Potter. It's called Hogwarts Haven at JL Stanford Middle School in Palo Alto. Now there's a summer school class I'd be interested in taking.


2 Comments:

Blogger The Blah Brain said...

I found a site while searching google and the site gives you previews of I found previews for the NEW - NEXT Harry Potter book 8, the book AFTER the half blood prince, it's insane... i have no idea how they got the previews maybe they know J.K. Rowling..
www.HarryPotter-Fan.com

7:48 AM  
Blogger Joe Rothchild said...

Really enjoy the article post, very interesting and informative.Really looking forward to read more.

houston house apartments

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home